Steve
Steve, vehicle technician
Experience:  garage owner for thirty years
106618989

308 1.6 engine. Engine light on. After driving half an hour

308 1.6 engine. Engine light on. After driving half an hour no 1 cyl misfiring
Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: Not yet
Assistant: What year is your 308?
Customer: 2010
Assistant: Are you fixing your 308 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fault po562 and u2118

Hi thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified technician with 30 years experience and hopefully i can help you.

As you have the codes this does make it easier.

The code P0562 indicates a low voltage and the code U2118 indicates a communication error with the CANbus system.

Given these two codes are both connected to an electrical problem I would first check the battery connections to ensure that both terminals and the earth points are clean and making a good connection.

If you can you should check the charging system to ensure this is working correctly.

The misfire may be occurring due to the low voltage in the system which prevents the coil from operating correctly.

The other common causes of a misfire are poor coil pack or spark plug, or injector problem. The electrical plugs on the injectors should be checked for any corrosion.

I hope this helps and answers your question, but do please feel free to ask any further questions.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue.

I can answer any further questions even after you click accept.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you start the cooling fan comes on straight away when cold