experteer
experteer,
77184159

My Peugeot 208 GTI has gone into limp mode and DTC error

Hi, My Peugeot 208 GTI has gone into limp mode and DTC error codes reported via ODB reader are P3013 & P3014 which is manufacturer specific which for Peugeot I'm led to maybe Throttle Body/Sensor/wiring related. The car has been fine on last drive. Its garaged so not water/dampness related. This fault appeared on starting and is permanent, clearing the codes makes no difference immediately return. As the throttle body is an expensive item I am wondering if the information i've found is incorrect, whether it is a known issue with this car to what components to replace/checks I should do to resolve. Hopfully someone will be able to advise?

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

It is impossible to say whether the valve for boost pressure limitation ( P3013) is the cause, or whether the throttle valve ( P3014) is the cause.

One of the two errors is the cause and one is the consequence.

If the boost pressure relief valve jams, the throttle valve must readjust and the value becomes implausible. If the throttle valve regulates too far, the boost pressure relief valve must open.

Experience has shown that it is rather the throttle valves that cause problems, not the valve.

The error appears correct already at the start?

What happens if you delete it which code comes back immediately?

If it is the throttle valve, this is the cause.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael, many thanks for the response that's very useful. The 2 codes come up straight away just by turning on the ignition without starting even after clearing. I'll check this evening to see which one comes up first to see if that indicates which one. I'll leave this question open until then if that's ok so I can revert back to you with the findings. I'm happy to leave 5 star rating then. Regards Tim

Ok

experteer,
Experience: 
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, looks like the Throttle body comes up with P3014 first. I also had an old valve I plugged in cleared codes and they came straight back. I think I'll need to get the garage to look at it as it looks difficult to get to and change and if i'm correct needs re-calibrating after with suitable equipment. Many thanks for your help with this.