experteer
experteer,
77184159

We have a Peugeot 3008 2011 1.6 L petrol, this morning a cup

We have a Peugeot 3008 2011 1.6 L petrol, this morning a cup of coffee messed over the handbrake switch and now the car is driving in Limp Mode, please help
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: She starts ok, the handbrake warning lights are on
JA: What is the model of your '11 Peugeot?
Customer: 1.6 L
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: So far nothing, we don't know what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the two warning lights are on, handbrake and Hubby a yellow one, but he can;t tell me what it is

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

I am now dealing with your request and will report back in a few minutes in this chat.

There's not really much you can do, maybe you can try to warm the switch carefully with a hair dryer, so that the liquid in the switch evaporates. The reason for the error message is a short circuit caused by the liquid. This makes the signal from the switch to the control unit appear implausible.

If this does not help, the switch must be replaced. After the replacement, the fault can usually be reset without a workshop by disconnecting the battery.

I have a quick look at how complex it is to change the switch, if you can do it without a workshop. I reply in a few minutes.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would prefer to type then I have a record of what to do when I go home tonight

The trim around the gear lever must be removed. This is only clamped according to the manual. It should be carefully levered up at the edges with a plastic wedge or a plastic lever. The entire switch can be lifted out with the cover. The switch is only clamped with visible latching lugs. And can be removed after pressing the latch.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.