experteer
experteer,
77184159

I have a Peugeot 207 sport auto 2008 with 21800 genuine

I have a Peugeot 207 sport auto 2008 with 21800 genuine miles on the clock. I have started to get an error message displayed when selecting reverse - gear box faulty. This only appears when selecting reverse, forward drive is fine and I have not noticed any problems with the gearbox operation.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I'm assuming it's the four-speed torque converter automatic.

These gearboxes often have problems with the cables between the plugs on the gearbox and the solenoid valves on the control box in the gearbox.

In any case a mechanic has to do it. The oil pan of the gearbox must be opened. The cables must then be checked. If these are ok, check the solenoid valves. If these are also ok, an oil change should be made. The problem should then be solved.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You suggest that a mechanic must do the repair, any idea what they might charge?

I can't say that exactly in advance. If it is a solenoid valve, the cost is usually around £300-400 with work and parts.

A pure oil change would cost about £200-300 and if the wiring harness is defective it would cost about 250-350.I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok, thanks for your help.

You`re welcome