Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

I have 3008 model 2011, last month there was car breakdwon

Customer Question

I have 3008 model 2011, last month there was car breakdwon and defult show in screen esp.. then the mechanic check by computer and said the diesel injector need to replace.. i replaced it.. now after one month same problem happen.. the car is moving very very slow?
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2011... the car milage 46000
Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Peugeot?
Customer: 2011
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: By mechanics
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the real problem? I am worried about engine
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. Hopefully I can help.

It is difficult without the fault code which the garage have to fully diagnose the problem, they have presumably previously replaced an injector which did for one month cure the problem. You now have another problem which is assumed to be the same fault, but it is important to get the fault codes read as many different problems that can occur will give very different symptoms.

It may well be the case that the first injector has failed and no another has failed, this is not unusual and may have been the result of a poor quality fuel at some point.

You have not mentioned which size engine you have in your Peugeot but there is a fault on the diesel models which causes Internal failure of the multifunction control module (incorporated in engine bay fuse box/relay plate 1).

The Remedy for this is to first check fuse F1 in engine bay fuse box/relay plate 1 and to replace if necessary.
If the fuse has not blown or is not missing then the fault may be in the engine bay fuse box/relay plate 1. and this should be replaced.

The fault codes found in this condition are:P0001, P1417, U1108, U1308.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further details by replying to this thread.

If this does answer your question please click accept and rate me, this allows me to continue, even

after clicking accept you can continue to ask further questions by replying to this thread.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thx, the engine size 1.6. I will check with mechanic the code. But how many injector pump for this car?
Expert:  Stephen Rothwell replied 16 days ago.

There are 4 injectors all together, if you can get the code I will give you an explanation of it.

Steve