sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My new Peugeot Partner (2010) has only been with me for a

Customer Question

Hi, My new Peugeot Partner (2010) has only been with me for a few miles but jams in neutral. 1st. time I was at a crossroad and wanted to start off in 1st but could not seem to find neutral.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: 2nd time, a few hours ago I was attempting to overtake a vehicle as we came to the overtaking lane and uphill. I tried to go down from 5th to 4th but jammed in neutral. Had my daughter in the car as witness.
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Teppee
JA: What year is your Peugeot?
Customer: 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have called the showroom from where it was bought a fortnight ago. He said to bring it in on Monday though he argues with me that it is the way I am driving. I have had experience of 8 different models and have been driving for about 18 years.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The indicaters are funny too. I indicate left, for example. Then I knock off the indicater which sometimes switches on the right indication instead of shutting off. This has happened a few times and could prove fatal.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.
Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay. I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
Dear customer, what indicator do you have lit?
Also have you done any diagnostic looking for error codes so far?
Thanks in advance.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
When the indicator is clicked off from right, it sometimes switches directly over to left. and visa-versa. Also it very often stays an extra clik (each direction) after it is switched off.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It is to be returned to the salesroom in the morning but I would like some advice so that I can counter his suggestion that it is my fault.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Sorry for the delay in answering. but your email was hidden in junk mail.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Dear customer reading your question, I understand that it is a problem of transmission, the problem is that when we buy a second hand vehicle, we do not know exactly the maintenance history, I see that it is 2010 and it is very likely that it was already due to do the maintenance of the transmission, like replacement of filters and oil but many times when someone wants to sell the vehicle does not do this type of maintenance as it always is an extra cost to perform them.
About the type of failure you present, it is likely that your Peugeot has problems in the oil viscosity because they have not been regularly replaced.
The viscosity of the oil can cause the transmission not to make changes or remain neutral because these transmissions work with oil pressure differences to allow displacements

So basically you should start at this point by maintaining the transmission that the old owners probably did not do.

On the other hand, Your peugeot works in the transmission with a set of selenoids and electronic valves that are responsible for activating or deactivating gears. What happens is that also the lack of maintenance can cause the selenoids and the electronic valves to remain stuck. The problem in neutral points us thos type of problems But it may be a major failure that can merit a disarmament of the transmission for repair which I hope is not your case because these types of repairs are always somewhat expensive

This is to give you an idea of ​​the most common factors that cause you this type of failure but it can also be a problem at the level of the electronic module. It may be a type of failure at the transmission configuration level as an error code stored in the module which must be verified through a diagnostic device

Then, this type of failure may be due several factors but i do not consider it a problem in driving how they are suggesting you. The good thing is that your vehicle must be under warranty and all this type of work must be covered by the dealership where you bought your Peugeot

Relating your fault with the problems in the indicators, i observe a configuration problem which you will be able to solve through a diagnostic equipment as well.