Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

Urea level ok but urea warning light on, starting prevented

Customer Question

Urea level ok but urea warning light on, starting prevented in 50 miles. How can I clear the fault
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Urea warning light
Assistant: What is the model of your '50 Peugeot?
Customer: 2016 partner teepee hdi blue
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes , been told the urea level switch is stuck!!!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ideally if the starting will be prevented or is it just a warning.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Marc Webster replied 7 days ago.

it sounds like you have a fault in the ADblue/Urea system for emission. you ay the level is full but the level sensor is broken how do you know this sensor is broke

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Halfords autocentres run a diagnostic on this , and this was the fault showing after he tried to reset it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will call if you are giving assurances it is fixable

Ok, the sollution would be to locate the level switch, this will be inside the tank see if it is indeed stuck in the low position, some are in the cap itself and some are like a float mechanism, reggarding your original question i do believe it does prevent starting to protect the system, be careful when handling adblue as it iscorrosive, i cannot accept a phone call until after 8pm

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There doesn’t seem to be any way of getting at the rank for the Adblue, any tips

if the tank is inaccessible my only advice would be to take to a local garage or main dealer fo rmore assistance, i would be unable to assist further.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you still need help?