Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

What is the tappet gap on a 1.0 EB engine? 65000 5 speed

Customer Question

what is the tappet gap on a 1.0 EB engine?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 65000 5 speed manual
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2013 208
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes the tappets are rattling and i need to know the tappet gap so i can work out the right size cam buckets to order
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at the mo
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 6 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, do you want to know where the tappeds are or what it is the function of the gaps in the tappeds?
Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I just need to know what the gaps should be so I can order the right size cam buckets to give the correct clearances

Dear customer, i was making some research in my files to see if i have the specific size you need but i do not have it for your type of engine, so i will have to opt out to let someone else help you.
Best regards, Sebastian.