sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have 2007 1.6gt turbo 207 which is running rough at tick

Customer Question

Hi , I have 2007 1.6gt turbo 207 which is running rough at tick over , I think I've got a leak on the intake side as I can hear a whistle but I am struggling to pinpoint it. It sounds like the back left near the throttle valve. I was wondering what the 3 small pipes are on the left side of the engine. One has a valve cap and one comes to like a small round vent. They go into the bulkhead on the back left of the engine bay. Are these linked to the intake I can't think what they are for.
Any help would be great thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please the mileage and if you hav eany mechanical fault as a lost of power?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
71k miles , the engine runs fine at higher revs it it's only at tickover. I have changed the plugs which made it better but it is still lumpy. I have readings from all sensors which seem ok . I changed the coolant temperature sensor as I had a spare but no difference. There is what sounds like a whistling noise from the back left . I'm not 100% wether it is a leak whistle on the intake or cam chain noise. I have checked all intake pipe connections upto the throttle valve and they are all good.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I could take a call but tomorrow as I have given up for the night thanks.

I apology for my delay and i understand dear customer.
I think that the hoses that you are observing come from the pcv that is being the valve in charge of the recirculation of the gases of the engine oil as you will understand, the oil when heated generates steam and this steam must be escaped and recirculated into the engine to avoid contamination, these hoses are responsible for that system.
What I can do dear customer is to give you the easiest method to identify leaks in the admission as you have all the symptoms that you are in the presence of a leak, what you must do first is to pour water for all Intake edges and grooves with the vehicle on, when idling when you feel that the vehicle try to turn off, It is in that slot where the water is falling you will be in the presence of an intake leak. This is the most accurate and easiest way to determine where the leaks come from.
When it is found, there you have to disassemble and replace the packaging that occupies this slot and in this way you can correct the problem you present.
Another way to realize if you are in the presence or not of a leak admission is with a diagnostic equipment examining the Sensor Map reading, this reading should be less than 40 kPa, but as I told you it is very likely that you are with leakage problems and you just have to locate it as indicated.

This is good to do it so, because if the problem continues it can generate problems like lost of power.

Have you understood me dear customer?
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Best regards, Sebastian.