experteer
experteer,
77184159

I've put £50.00 of petrol into my "very" empty diesel 807

I've put £50.00 of petrol into my "very" empty diesel 807 without noticing,I then drove round the block to get home.All of a sudden there was a massive loss of power and the engine sounded like a biscuit tin full of nails being shaken,still not realising my mistake I tried to rev the engine while putting it into reverse to get onto my drive, the noises got worse then it died!!
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I have'nt tried to start it for fear of doing any more damage
JA: What is the model of your '50 Peugeot?
Customer: puegeot(###) ###-####JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have done nothing so far because of all the negative stories about the damage I have done
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have I ruined my car

´Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

Please do not try to restart the vehicle.

The tank must be emptied. The fuel lines must be flushed and the fuel filter must be replaced.

When the fuel filter is replaced, you can already see whether there has been any major damage. If no workshop does it, shy away from the fuel filter. If there are brass chips in the filter, the injection system has been damaged. Then the injection pump and injectors have to be replaced. Then you have to reckon with about £ 2500-3500 damage.

If there are no brass chips in it you are probably lucky.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.