CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

2005 206 SW Outer driver side door handle not working,

Customer Question

2005 206 SW Outer driver side door handle not working, everything else is. Have removed drivers door card. Cannot see how outer handle connects to door latch. Can see nothing at bottom of door where something might have broken off. Can only enter car by using passenger door, pulling inner latch on drivers side etc. Help!
JA: Are you fixing your SW yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, removed door card, can feel outer catch from inside moving but no connection to latch.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

There should be a rod connected to the door handle which hooks onto the latch. See attached picture.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Picture coming in very slow. Have only received half of it so far.
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Refresh your page, sometimes attachments take a while to load.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Make sure this rod is still connected to the latch mechanism, it can break off or just get unhooked off the latch.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the handle rod is horizontal, the latch is inches below this. Is there another rod from latch to handle rod. I don't see one in the door
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

If you pull the outer handle, does any part of the latch mechanism move? Try removing the outer door handle, you will get a better view of what's going on.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
can feel inside some movement. is handle secured by two torq screws and lifted off/out?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
there is no rod and how does it connect to the latch which is some way below the handle
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Also, look inside the door cavity for a rod that may have fallen off.

There should be 2 nuts on the inside of the handle.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

can you upload a picture of handle from the inside? There's 2 types of handles with 2 different mechanisms, I need to make sure i'm referring to the correct one.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK, will get back to you later.
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

Ok, thank you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
How do I send pictures?
Expert:  CarDoc replied 8 days ago.

use the paperclip button, then find the image on your device.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
any news yet re my question following photos sent
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 days ago.

I haven't received any photos on my end. Use the paperclip button, select file and click upload.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Only paperclip I have is via email which I have sent.
Expert:  CarDoc replied 5 days ago.

It should be on this messaging thread, the email won't get to me, it will go to JA customer services.