CarDoc
CarDoc, Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have a Peugeot 207 09 plate. When I turn the key the car

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 207 09 plate. When I turn the key the car tries to start but then just dies. Its tries for a half a second to start then stops.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 months ago.

Do you have any warning lights on? Have you tried to connect a code reader to read the fault codes?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Engine management and battery light remain on until i try to start ot then the engine management light goes out and the battery light remains on
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 months ago.

Starting issues can be due to many reasons such as crank sensor, fuel delivery, air intake etc. I would advise to connect a fault code reader to see if there are any fault codes stored.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Which would be great if i had 1. As I'm not a mechanic I don't have one.
Expert:  CarDoc replied 7 months ago.

You can either buy a cheap one or get a local garage to connect one and read the codes. Peugeot cars can go very wrong electrically.