Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Beeping noise whenyou indicates and when you brake

Customer Question

Beeping noise whenyou indicates and when you brake sometimes
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 308 year 2008
JA: Are you fixing your 308 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes done usual checks
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Hi..there..

Does this happen if you indicate both left or right?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Left only
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Text me if able
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do you have an answer to my prpblem
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Ok.. have someone observe at the left side of the car..whilst you use the indicator on that side..check both front and rear indicators..and the brake light... if they are dimmer not so bright than the other side..then its an earth issue on that cluster..usually more so the rear this usually occurs on..its to do with the bulb holder..either the holder itself has a bad earth..in which you can piggy back another earth wire inas it wasnt too uncommon for some peugeots of that generation to need one..or the multiplug connector pins are corroded..contact cleaner would help with that..or the contact panel which the bulbs sit in are corroded..a proper inspection of all that and clean up and then see how that goes..you need to remove the rear lamp housing to do all that...like you would if you where replacing one of the bulbs your handbook should help guide you..

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When will he be available
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

The beeping is just the warning becuase it thinks a bulb has blown..if that isnt the case then its a plug connection to that rear cluster / bulb fitment or earth issue on that side..

Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

Do you see my reply?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will check bulbs and contacts later too cold at present thanks
Expert:  Robert replied 7 months ago.

No problem...If you need ask anything further? then just continue on this post..

In the meantime if you could leave a rating for me using the stars for rating on answer/responce..it be much appreciated..