Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

WE HAVE LOST THE remote chip for the key. we have a peugeot

Customer Question

HI WE HAVE LOST THE remote chip for the key. we have a peugeot 207 cc model but its from 2004.
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no that wa lost a while back
JA: What year is your 207?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the car turns over but won't start as we get the message - electronic anti theft faulty and automatic door locking activated
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've seen that they sell the https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-207-308-407-REMOTE-KEY-TRANSPONDER-COIL-FOR-ANTI-THEFT-IMMOBILISER-FAULT/222490208245?hash=item33cd7327f5:g:1YsAAOSwuMZZAdqZ im wondering whether this would work ?
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
will this chip work?
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 18 days ago.
Hi there , good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you TodayOk the immobiliser chip is the correct part but it will need to be programmed coded to the immobiliser system using compatible diagnostic equipment
In this case your best route would be a mobile locksmith
Who can come out and supply you a key and programme it onsite
This saves any recovery costs etc and gets your vehicle back up and running quicklyKindest regards ***** *****
Brian