Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Multimedia screen went black, Peugeot 3008 2010, On and off

Customer Question

Multimedia screen went black
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Peugeot 3008 2010
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On and off button
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Radio and Bluetooth work fine
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: The original
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (S5VQZ72)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
If you get prompted for a Premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, as i don't think it is needed at this point.

My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

These usually fail due to a software error.

I would first try disconnecting the negative battery cable for a minute or so. And then try to see if it works.

Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

Get back to me with your findings, so we can proceed as needed.

Cheers

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi mate, I tried what you said, not working
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I also tried the fuse F8
Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

In this case, the best option would be checking for a software update.

On other Peugeot models, these units can fail and there are companies that remanufacture them. The display units on the 3008 are not known to fail.

I would recommend getting this to a Peugeot specialist or dealer, at least to check for updates. They shouldn't charge much for that.

This will confirm whether we have a bug in the software or a part that needs replacing.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I believe there is something with the wiring
Expert:  Billy replied 11 days ago.

That remains a possibility.

However, i would think it is much easier to check for updates, before diving into hard to reach parts and wiring issues.

If, there are no updates, then we would start checking some wiring issues, in order to confirm the fault (if it indeed were a hardware fault).

Either way, i would gladly assist you in any way you wish to proceed.