sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Locked out,flat battery, 90,000 and no but it's been lying

Customer Question

Locked out,flat battery
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 90,000 and no but it's been lying 3months
JA: What is the model of your '90 Peugeot?
Customer: 407
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The key
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, first we have to try to gain access manually with the key, in case it is not possible, then to open the car, a solution you can take without having to call an auto locksmith is gaining access to the starter motor, to do this, you need to take off the protection cover that is under the engine i,e under the car, you can lift the car or use a ramp.
Take off this cover and locate the starter, with jump wires and with an auxiliary battery, connect the possitive wire to the starter positive terminal wire and the negative terminal of the aux battery to any part of the chassis.
Then quickly you will push the key fob to open the car ( make sure the key fob battery is ok). This is the only way you can try without affecting any part of the car to open the car and replace the battery as it must be flat due the time sat.

In case, you canmot do it, an auto locksmith garage or locksmith tech is the best to sort out the problem, as they can help you open the car, the bonnet and reprogram or check the keys if it is needed.

There are other methods as gaining access through the grill to replace the battery and others on internet but i do not recommend most of them, because you take the risk of damage the lock or the paint of the car. In any case you can try with them as well.