Steve
Steve, vehicle technician
Experience:  garage owner for thirty years
106618989

I have a Peugeot 3008 hdi 2014 I changed front strut and

Hi I have a Peugeot 3008 hdi 2014 I changed front strut and foil spring front passenger side in the process the drive shaft popped out and about litre came out of the gearbox. How do I too the gearbox back up and what oil goes back and how much oil.Thanks
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: there is no noise
JA: What is the model of your '14 Peugeot?
Customer: Tuscon
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I replaced the strut and foil spring front passenger side, as I was doing it the drive shaft popped out and about 1 litre of gearbox oil came out. How do I top this oil back up up, what oil do I use and how much please
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is it thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is a Tuscon and I replaced strut and foil spring
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Coil spring not foil

Welcome to JA. My name is***** am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.
You will receive an offer of a phone call by the system, this only needs to be accepted if you wish to speak to me, I can otherwise continue to answer your questions via the thread.
Can I just confirm this is a manual gearbox and the engine is the 1.6 HDI, if you have the registration number that will confirm all the details I need.

Steve

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
NJ64 WKR, I would prefer to speak to you.07980168434 thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please just email your response.

Ok, I will get the details of your vehicle and reply by this thread.

Steve

The capacity of the gearbox is 2.2 litres of GL4 oil. this gearbox does not have a level plug so the only way to ensure the correct level is to drain down the oil and then refill with the correct amount (2.2 litres)

I have attached a picture showing the drain bung, i will also send an image of the filler.

I hope this answers your question but I want you to be 100% happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread.
Thank you for using Just Answer
Steve

Here is the filler

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your help

Your welcome, I hope all goes well but do please get back to me on this thread if needed.

Steve

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What weight would the oil be?

The oil is around 1 kg per litre, but the specification is not normally given in weight so it would be difficult to be precise on this.

Steve

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What numbers do we need for the oil as there about 3 types for Peugeot 3008 hd I manual

The manual transmission oil is GL4+

Steve

It was a pleasure to assist you today. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.
Steve