Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

P11a8, fault code, We did reset it. The diagnostics says

Customer Question

p11a8
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: fault code
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: We did reset it. The diagnostics says "manufacturer specific"
JA: What year is your Peugeot?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, we've reset it, the 'management light' still comes on. Then a detailed diagnostics says all fine, but the P11a8 code still comes up -
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Car only has 82000miles, good condition
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Maarten
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Hi Maarten I hope you are well. I’m sorry to hear your having issues with your Peugeot and I totally understand how frustrating this is. The code is P11A8 indicates that the Camshaft position (CMP) actuator, exhaust camshaft has a malfunction.
On your engine this is commonly caused by Variable valve timing (VVT) solenoid piston sticking due to metal swarf contamination.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks!!!!! Much appreciation!
Expert:  Kevin replied 13 days ago.
Your very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!