sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

3008 12 months old, AdBlue warning light stays on after I

Customer Question

3008 12 months old, AdBlue warning light stays on after I have filled AdBlue to the limit
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Adblue light is small amber adblue, then mid screen says car will not start in 500 miles (was 1500 initially) have put in 3 lots of Adblue to the point it overfilled
JA: What is the model of your '12 Peugeot?
Customer: 3008 DIESEL ESTATE - 1.5 BlueHDi Allure Premium 5dr
JA: Are you fixing your Allure yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All I have done is filled up the AdBlue tank
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing, no other problems
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Dear customer, did you perform a data reset after filling?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thats all I want to do, reset, I thought it would happen automatically but it hasn't
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
there is no other issue, I just want to reset the AdBlue indicator

Dear customer it usually happens automatically, but sometimes the sensor sticks, this usually has to be reset from a diagnostic unit, it is quite common in these systems.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
there is no way I can override myself

Dear customer, unfortunately without a diagnostic unit with multi-brand equipment you will not be able to reset it, but fortunately it is very inexpensive due to the recurring nature of the problem.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK - I will take it to my local Peugeot garage to get reset then. I will call them tomorrow

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.