Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.

My panasonicModel no KX-TG8062E puchased 06.06.2014 is not

My panasonicModel no KX-TG8062E puchased 06.06.2014 is not working since yesterday
has message 'check phone line' I have done all says in booklet (several times) no joy

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

May I ask the AGE of this system and if you have that "check phone line" message on ALL handsets of the system?

May I also ask what phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bought phone 2 handsets same message June 2013 Talk Talk

Hi again and thanks for that.

OK - may I ask if you have a DIFFERENT phone system (corded preferred) that you can substitute for the Main Base Unit?

This would be to TEST the phone service, and all you would need to do is swap in the different phone and TEST for a dial tone, and maybe make a call or two.

As you may be able to tell, I really suspect the service. This is because the message you is telling us that the phone line is NOT working properly, and it sounds like you have done all the "unplugging and replugging" that is for the connections between the Panasonic base unit and the phone line.

Even if you could "borrow" a phone from a neighbor or friend for a few minutes, that would be enough to tell us if the phone line is working (or not).

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will try to get phone from next door (it early for them yet}

But would internet still work if not my handset?

Hi again,

Yes, you CAN have the internet working and NOT the phone service, as they are really two separate "functions" of the system.

While waiting for the neighbors to get up, let me suggest that you can check (or TEST) your phone service via the internet check site of TalkTalk. Here is a direct link to that page:

Click HERE -

Now I noticed on that page that there is a "weather warning" mentioning outages, so that could be the root of the issue. Testing with a DIFFERENT phone to see if you get dial tone will most likely confirm that the service is not working, so if we find that is the case, you may want to use the "read more" link on that page to get credit back to your account.

Please let me know what you find with that Check page and when you try a different phone. And please let me know if you have more questions.

Best Regards, XXXXX XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have already replied to this. Dont know what I paid £28 for I do not want

to pay this again. I sorted my own problem. My phone as I TOLD you

was only 8 months old. You should have just said 'your phone is under

warrenty' I am 77 years of age I think this is a rip off.

Hi again,

I have NOT seen a reply since you were waiting on your neighbor - to borrow their phone - 4 days ago.

So did you TRY to post a response here? If you replied via email, that does not appear here.

I also see that you rated my attempt to help you as "bad service". This rating is intended to rate MY attempt to help you - and NOT this web site or the issue you have or had. All that does is hurt MY ratings here.
So please consider increasing that rating toward the higher level, as I always attempt to provide Excellent service to the people I work with here.

I did notice that you said that the phone was purchased in June, but your original post said "06.06.2014", which of course has not occurred yet, so I did NOT know what YEAR it was purchased. If I was certain that the phone system was less than a year old, I could have confirmed that it was in the warranty period, and having it replaced was an option. BUT, the message of "check phone line" that you see (or saw) on the system points to a problem with the phone line itself, and not the phone. That is why we were going to TEST - with a different phone.

I am NOT here to try to be a "rip off", but to HELP figure out what the real issue is (or was).

So ... May I ask what was done to sort this problem?

May I also ask you to consider rating at a higher level, so that my ratings are not hurt here?