Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a new KX-TGC224EB Quad and I am unable to set a

I have a new KX-TGC224EB Quad and I am unable to set a single ring on the intercom handsets. Everything was fine when I first set it up but now has changed to a double ring the same as the bas unit. Any help please.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) I'm uncertain about what "unable to set a single ring on the intercom handsets" means - can you rephrase or explain what that means?

2) Is that a setting that is used in conjunction with another "feature" of this phone system - such as the built-in "Answering system" or the "Nuisance Call Block"?

3) What phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT be available by phone. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

(im)

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My last phone was a quad set & the ring was different on rhe extension handsets. I had a ring/ring on the base handset & a single ring on the extension handsets. I don't seem to be able to get it on this set.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Sorry for any delay - we must be in greatly different time zones.

I believe what you are referring to is the "ringtone" of the handset(s). If this is a newer generation system, those tones MAY be different (or changed) from the previous system. But there is "good news" - the ringtones for the handsets CAN be changed (programmed) and saved for EACH handset of the system.

There are actually two ways to program the ringtone - using a "Menu" or "Direct Command" method. To help with this programming, I have attached an image that includes the instructions on using both the Menu & Direct Command method, and the specific instructions for setting the ringtone of your choice.

One key instruction is to use the ARROW keys to SCROLL through the choices - once you reach the "Ringtone" section of programming. When you do that, you should HEAR each ringtone as it is selected. Then press the OK button to SAVE that particular ringtone - for that handset.

I hope this all makes sense.

Please let me know your results or if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)