JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

How do i stop an extention answering calls on my syastem

Hi how do i stop an extention answering calls on my syastem

Hi Steven what is the make and model of your PBX, are you just wanting to use it as a switchboard so all calls route to it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Mate
We have a KX-DT543 SYSTEM AND ANY EXTENSION CAN ANSWER IT AT THE MOMENT(THATS WHAT WE WANT)BUT WE HAVE A FAULT WITH ONE OFF THE EXTENTIONS OUTSIDE AND ITS ANSWERING ALL THE CALLS AND CUTTING PEOPLE OFF,I WAS LOOKING TO STOP THIS ANSWERING IF POSSIBLE TILL WE GET THE FAULT FIXEDCheers
Steven

Ok, so the phone rings and as soon as you pick up the phone on the fault extension the call is terminated?

Is there a reason why you dont unplug the phone (is it still required)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WE HAVE IT UNPLUGGED IT, WE CAN SEE THE EXTENTION LIGHT LIGHTING UP NOW AND AGAIN WHEN THIS HAPPENS WHEN A CALL IS COMING THROUGH IT ANSWERING THE SYSTEM ?

Understood so the fault is present even when the phone is unplugged.

This could mean a physical wiring fault or a fault within the PBX itself, if its the later disabling the extension may not fix the issue.

To give you instructions for accessing the PBX I need the model number, the model above appears to be that of the phone. The PBX which is normally located where the phone lines come into the building eg in a electrical cupboard or behind reception. Its probably a KX-TDA15, but just need to be sure.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanksI thinks it a wiring fault outside the building to be honest,Black box in the cupboard has KX-N5700 DOES THIS HELP ?

Ok so you have a rather modern PBX, there should be an IP address for it which you type into a web browser, this then lets you login to it and you can disable the extension or in this case remove it form the pickup\hunt group so calls are not sent to it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks MateI will try and find the ip address

Ok most engineers put a label on top of the box, you will then need the username and password ***** it.

If you look at the back of the unit that may also be stuck somewhere - 80% of a call out fee is spent looking for those bits of information :-)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks I will have a look their

No problem

Good afternoon, I havent heard back from you, do you require anything further

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry no thanksThanks for your help with this matter

No problem so I can close the case please rate the service received.

James