Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I'm having problem with my Panasonic KX-T3726E It's new

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having problem with my Panasonic KX-T3726E It's new never used before just from old stock. I can use the phone in any way; make a call, use intercom and receive the call but phone doesn't ring on incoming call though if I press answer button I can talk?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Please take that handset, and key in Menu#1606 Save Off,

Let me know if that helps

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry this phone doesn't have menu button or display, it's an old fashioned cordless phone
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Can you please recheck the model number for me, what you sent doesn't look quite right.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Does it say Easaphone on the base?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've already pay 24 euros it's half what this handset costs, it's too much
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

I didn't ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Assuming so, then yes this is a very very old system, sorry for the confusion, that model is very close to some of the new systems,

Look on the handset, just below and to the left of the speaker, for a small sliding selector switch which says Power/Ringer. Slide that over to the ON position, and let me know if it rings there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sorry it said call me amount 18euros. Yes, I know about that switch it's phone/ringer off/on I was playing with it no luck unfortunately
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Again that was not from me. No need to even mention it as it only detracts from our conversation here.

The other things to check then are on the base that the Dialing mode switch is set to Tone, and that the Recall switch is set to the T-BR

If it is not still not working after that, then the ringer speaker, which is separate from the earpiece speaker, is defective. That is not surprising to see as there are components in these that can wear just with age even in storage. There is no practical fix for this, and there are no parts for a system this age which is many many times its designed service life. You would simply need to replace the entire system at this point.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
when I press intercom/page button on a base handset is ringing there's no incoming ring only
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it's tone and T-BR on, pity though, by system you mean ringing mechanism?
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

No when I say replace the system, I mean you need to replace the entire panasonic, handset, base and all.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I see, thank you for your help and good night Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You're very welcome, and my apologies for the news! There just aren't parts available for these any longer, and labor alone would be many times the value of the system. The new models on the market use a DECT6 frequency which is far superior in cordless range and sound quality to the older systems, so you'd benefit from updating anyway.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan