JamesI
JamesI, Customer Service
Experience:  With 10 years experience managing analouge and digital PBX, he is currently deploying a cloud VOIP system
75967336

I have a BT phone, usually works well, but suddenly shows

I have a BT phone, usually works well, but suddenly shows "line cord error" and refuses to work. What to do, please?
Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT6500 twin digital cordless
Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the first time I've seen it, so I've just checked that all the wires are properly plugged in in the right places. Not very technical, I'm afraid!
Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to make it work properly again, please.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I thought your assistant would have told you, I have a BT6500 twin digital cordless phone which usually works well, but suddenly shows, "line cord error" and refuses to work. What should I do?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can I call you, when my phone won't work???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is this a scam to get my £5 or £15?

The offers you see for call etc are just adverts, you can discard them if you prefer to type than me to call you on a landline or mobile.

Line cord faults often point to issues with the base station, the connection between baste station and phone socket or another phone being left off the hook.

It is also possible a fault on the line could exist, to narrow down the issue, what happens when you call your landline from a mobile?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** problem is sorted. PlusNet sorted out a fault on the line.

Great glad everything is now resolved.