Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

How do I rectify a "Line cord error" BT, today all day tried

Customer Question

how do I rectify a "Line cord error"
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: today all day tried very infantile stuff rebooting phone , disconnecting the hardware and reconnecting unplugging all line connections in the wall and phone
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your phone. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results