Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

I have a kxfp205e answingsysem when a call goes onto the

I have a kxfp205e answingsysem when a call goes onto the machine my message is given but then the machine reverts to a fax so no message can be left
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: the model is KX-FP215E the brand is panasonic
JA: How long has this been going on with your KX-FP215E?
Customer: 12 yerars
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: The Fax printer has not been used for a couple of years but up until the last month the answering side had been quiet OK
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The p[problem is not printing it is the faxing sound blocking out messages

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).

To help with this issue, may I ask:

1) Has the device been physically unplugged from power for a period of time, and just recently reconnected?

2) Do you still have the "Operating Instructions" (manual) for this device?

I ask these questions because it "sounds like" some of the "feature" settings may have been lost or changed from the previous settings - when it was working properly.

If you don't still have the manual available, I have a link to the electronic (PDF) version below - that can be viewed on a computer/device, downloaded, saved, and even printed if needed.

Click Here for Manual --> https://business.panasonic.co.uk/communication-solutions/sites/default/eu-files/communication-solutions/files/technical_downloads/KX-FP205E-PFQX2485ZA-English.pdf

According to the table of contents, most of the details about using the Answering Machine starts on page 33 of that manual, with most of the "features" starting on page 36.

I hope this information helps get the device back into a working state.

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about the device.

Cheers, ***** *****

(im-a)