Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I've got a BT7610 call blocker. There seems to be a problem

I've got a BT7610 call blocker. There seems to be a problem with calls which are from numbers on the approved list - the bit where callers are invited to state their name for my approval or otherwise. It's seems to be malfunctioning. An easy solution would be to disable that function in order to return the equipment to basic calls and answerphone functionality. Any idea how or achieve that please?
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT 7610 nuisance call blocker. The problem is with numbers which are not on the unapproved list rather than as stated above.
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Problem has been happening intermittently for a few weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: l've tried to get some advice off BT by phone but got nowhere.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.
The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Nathan

Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nathan

Seems to be fixed via your instructions.

Keith

Great, glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, and have a nice day,

Nathan