Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My cordless phones answer button no longer working,

Customer Question

my cordless phones green answer button no longer working
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: KX-TG8051E
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Started with one now several of a set of 5. Tried changing battery without effect
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

Is this a problem with trying to answer calls?

If you press the green/talk button, are you able to get a dial tone and make an outgoing call?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have seen quite a bit about failing keys on panosonic phones and remedies to fix them. As 3 out of 5 phones have gone the same way and as I found a good offer to replace them I have done that. So no need to pursue answer further
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 days ago.

yes it is possible for buttons to fail, but rare for that many to go all at once.

You can try popping the batteries out for a few minutes to reset them just to be safe, otherwise yes replacement is your best bet.

Nathan