Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

We cannot make or receive calls, the telephone line is dead.

Customer Question

JA: When did you last charge your phone?
Customer: It is on charge all the time when not in use
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Power button)?
Customer: Power button where?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, thank you
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 4 days ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 days ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Who provides your home phone service (att, verizon, comcast, magicjack, ooma, etc)
4) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
I haven't heard back with the details needed to get into specifics,
but if you still need help I can give you some general info to get you started.

Please unplug the power to your Modem, for a minimum of 5 minutes,

replug, wait 5 more for it to start back up, and let me know how the phone works from there.

Nathan

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you. The problem has now been sorted (a recent power blackout knocked out the telephone base unit. This has now been replaced). Thank you for your follow-up mail.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 day ago.

Great, glad to hear that did the trick for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, and have a nice day,

Nathan