Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

When I try to phone someone on my landline I'm getting the

Customer Question

Hi.When I try to phone someone on my landline I'm getting the message "Your service is being restricted"What should I do?
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: It"s B.T.
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It"s been going on for about 2 days and I haven't tried anything because I thought it was a fault and may correct itself.
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the modem the phone connects to for a signal (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the modem, turn it on and tell me please if the phone is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard.I have tried what you told me to do but the phone still isn't working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi again Richard.Can you suggest what else I can try to do to get our phone fixed?Do you think the problem may be located in one of the B.T. or SKY control boxes near our home?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was informed yesterday evening at about 4.40 that an Electronics Technician would phone me because it would be easier for them to explain the things I should try over a phone call rather than trying to explain by e.mail.My husband and I are getting very frustrated and annoyed because we have had such a poor service from your company.We have decided that if it was possible we would give a minus rating on the customer service questionnaire and would certainly not recommend the service to anyone else.Would it not be possible for a technician to call to our home to sort out the problem once and for all.After this experience we will probably change our service supplier.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to point out that we have paid £16 for the service of someone to phone us so what is the delay?and is it not possible for a technician to call to our home to get the problem sorted out?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello again.I'm just messaging to let you know that the problem with our phone has been sorted.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
P.s.I would appreciate the £16 I paid to receive a phone call last night being credited back into my account.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Who is your phone provider?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi.do not require a phone call because our problem has been fixed.We had a few bills that hadn't been played although we pay by direct debit.We never received a phone call so we would like to have the £16 credited to the account it was debited from.Thank you in advance for your co operation.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Glad it is now resolved, I will cancel the phone call