Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Pete. Pete. Our toddler grandson has been playing with both

Hi Pete.
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi Pete. Our toddler grandson has been playing with both of the hand sets of our Xenon 1500. Now we cannot get connected to the out side line. No dialling tone. all lights on the hone
JA: Did this handset come with your system, or was it bought separately?
Customer: bothwith the system. when I ring the landline from another phone it just rings and rings. but we do not hear it inside the house
JA: Do all the handsets show the same message?
Customer: one says 4 new calls thats in the main box extra says 5 new calls
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I am aware off

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality, and let me know the results, please.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
still no outside line. top left upside down coathanger middle lock then looks like taperecorder right battery ok
hand set no outside line middle tape recorder I lifted hand set out of holder now its just pulsing 1111
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Daughter coming tomorrow am will let her take over.

Thank you, ***** ***** like the ringer may be off. If you call home from your mobile, while it is ringing, press the volume/up arrow repeatedly and that should increase the ringer volume.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Tried above not worked. phone line still ok but base set not working. on Xenon so will buy another set.

You’re very welcome,

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have been indisposed so I did nt answer you. I tried your suggestion but it did not work.
It seems the falt was out side this was fixed today. thank you for your help