Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

Our answering machine is not working: after about 10 rings

Our answering machine is not working: after about 10 rings there should be an automatic voice requesting the caller to leave a message. The phone just rings for a minute or so and then give up
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Panasonic model KXTG6724EM. We got it about 6 years ago
JA: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's been a long time since anyone left a message. I missed a caller this afternoon who would have left a message if he could have done, then I tried with my mobile a just now with the result I said
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I pressed the button for messages on the main phone (we have 4 receivers around the house) the automatic voice said no messages

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer - an independent paid Q & A service.

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phone(s) or service.

To help with this issue, may I ask:

1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

(dt)

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Talktalk is the service provider. We use the internet on the same phone line
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Leave it for now I will pursue this matter at a more convenient time

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Assuming the Panasonic phones are ringing, it could be that the built-in Answering system is not switched ON.

Please take the ANSWER ON button - on the main base - to see if the indicator turns ON.

I have attached an image of where that button (and indicator) are located on the main base.

Once that is ON - please try a NEW TEST CALL from an outside phone (mobile) - to TEST if the answering system will now take the call and allow leaving a TEST MESSAGE.

I look forward to your results.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My answerphone is now working. I think it was just switched off before

Hi again and thanks for the update,

Its good to know that the issue appears to be resolved.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this or similar issues in the future.

Thanks so much for working with me and Stay Safe, Greg A.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you very much. It is all sorted now.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I think I've just sent my response

You're quite welcome.

Take Good Care, Greg A.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Last week I took alarm because I realised that my answer phone was not working. It was almost certainly because there was an option to switch it off which I must have inadvertently activated at some point. Anyway it's now working ok and thank you for pointing out that that was probably the problem. I mow have another problem which is that you keep on sending me emails. I have told you the problem is sorted; I have "rated" your service. I do not understand why you keep on sending these emails
Dennis Whiting

Hi again Dennis,

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have NO ACCESS to or CONTROL of ANY of your private information or account - including any fees or plans agreed to.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department using the "Help" or "Contact Us" link that is on almost every page of the site or use the link below.

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Take Care, Greg A.