Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

The phones are all flashing red on the voicemail but there

Customer Question

The phones are all flashing red on the voicemail but there is no mail. I’ve unplugged all bases & disconnected the batteries from all 4 handsets. Held down call button with batteries removed & then plugged in base & put batteries back in. No joy!! The phones are now not holding their charges. Please help!
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: Viva set S850A
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry Gigaset!!
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The flashing has been going on for a couple of weeks but I only tried unplugging etc as I outlined at the beginning of this chat.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to Justanswer.com, an independent paid question and answer platform that is home to the best experts in the world! My name is***** have over 10 years of experience and I will be assisting you today. I understand how frustrating your issue can be but I will try to work as fast as possible to a resolution to your issue.

Please allow me a couple of minutes to respond to your request below. If you would like to add any extra information while I am typing out your information, please feel free to respond and I will review it.

---------------------------

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having phone connectivity issues! To get started, let's try a soft reset of your phone system to see if it fixes the issue:

Unplug the power cord to the base unit and all of the handsets

Wait 10 minutes

Plug back in the power cords

Wait 1 minute

Check to see if the issue continues and let me know the results. If the issue continues, please let me know your home phone provider.

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

I am following up with you. I have provided steps or information above that you have not responded back to yet. Please take a minute to review the conversation above and if you still need help, please respond back so that we can continue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, you can either reply stating it was resolved or simply read this message here and the response below without a response.

Expert:  Josh replied 13 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have completed as you suggested but the phones are just the same. Still flashing on the voice mail & now they are not holding a charge- on all 4 phones - no longer than 5 minutes.
My phone provider is Sky.
Expert:  Josh replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for confirming.

In this case, you will need to speak with Sky at 0333 7591 018