PlasticSurgeryMD
PlasticSurgeryMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
239748

I'm booked for a breast surgery in a private clinic,have my

Customer Question

Hi, I'm booked for a breast surgery in a private clinic,have my appt and my place in the clinic,price paid already in full but my GP adviced against the surgery due to my (well controlled) epilepsy. I want to know if I say I want to go ahead,will the clinic allow me to?
Category: Plastic Surgery
Expert:  PlasticSurgeryMD replied 8 months ago.
In most cases a well controlled epilepsy is not a contraindication for plastic surgery, they may ask you to get a clearance from a Neurologist before doing the procedure,
Please remember to give a positive rating if the answer was helpful, feel free to get back for any clarification
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They did ask. But what if I deny this request and tell them I want to go ahead with the surgery? You see,they told me that the GP doesnt advice all this,only 3 days before the surgery!! Why??
I am not sure what the question is now?
As a said above, surgery is generally safe in well control epileptics