How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask theplumber717 Your Own Question
theplumber717, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 2056
Experience:  Lic plumbing and heating contractor, 28 years exp
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
theplumber717 is online now

Where can I purchase the washer that fits on the underside

This answer was rated:

Where can I purchase the washer that fits on the underside of the fitment that acts as a plug and also a filter to collect bits and pieces that otherwise would get into drainage . We have moved into a property with a Blanco sink fitted with two basins each one having the same type of plug which through wear and tear no longer seal to prevent loss of water but at same time because of the washers not doing their job just drop into the waste pipe hole and prevent the water getting away. Have searched for a model description or number and cannot find anything and have no paperwork at all, please help.

Hi im Gary You can buy replacement sink stoppers, and also a strainer mat at any home/hardware store, also plumbing supply house. They are a standard sized strainer, so any one made for a kitchen sink will work. If you have more questions on this, just reply and i will reply back. Thanks gary

theplumber717 and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your response the strainer is metal obviously with drain holes and normally you just push it down and it sealsthen when draining it is just lifted and stays in that position also it is three and a half inches across is this the same as you are suggesting

Yes this is a standard sink strainer. So if you go to any local home/hardware store they will have both your stopper, and the strainer you want, that you can buy them separately. Just tell them its for a kitchen sink, and they will direct you to both parts, and they are inexpensive. (You could take the old one with you just to be sure, but all are standard)