Plumberpro, Plumber
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience

I have a boiler running even the panel board it's off for

Hi. I have a boiler running even the panel board it's off for water and radiators. I checked the valves them are closed but the heat still go to radiators.
Hi , what is the model of the boiler?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Firebird popular70

Hi , when you say heat , is it heat as though when the boiler is normally on or could it be residual heat from the boiler. I think it may be thge pump overun thermostat fault . if its not that it will be the control box .

do you have an electrical test Meter?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think the switched live connection is live then that would prove there is a controls fault ( if clock is off etc) . if there is no npower to the switched live then this would indicate a boiler fault. T2 on the wiring block.
Do you have the installation instructions with the wiring diagrams?
If not you will find them here , copy and paste this into your browser and download first link
I N S T A L L A T I O N COMMISSIONING S E R V I C I N G ... - Firebird
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I will check boiler at first.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the boiler thermostat moving the temperature up and down and boiler start when move up and stop when I move down. I presume it s working ok.

Hi ,I am pretty sure it will be the pump overun thermostat that is causing the issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Where it is located?how can I check if it work or not?can be fixed or have to be changed.

It would have to be changed. Page 16 which is the wiring layout shows it wired into L1 and T1 . you would have to follow it back from there as its not shown on the parts breakdown .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I can't find that pump over run thermostat. I checked around the boiler and pump but nothing.

Hi , do you have a copy of the installation instructions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes the one on the link you sent me

In the wiring section7 on page 16 it shows the pump overun wired in .
But did you check there wasn't power at the switched live? Same page T2?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I founded but what you mean with power at the switched live?brown from thermostat it's coupled together with brown from pump In the main switcher.

So if you trace the brown wire from L1 , this goes to the pump overun sat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I got it👍

That's great . but did you find T2? Check thgatv there is no npower there when programmer is off before buying the new part .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok. I will.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I checked t2 with the programmer off and there is live.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can be the programmer fault?

Hi , yes , could be . do you have two motorised valves or one ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 one for hot water and one for radiators

It could be the programmer.if there is live from it with prog set to off .
Can you take the front off the prog and see if the live goes? Have to pop out will get back later
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took off the face of the programer and life still on the t2

Hi is the programmer wired for 3 to hot water , and 6 for heating?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am out now. I will be back on this Monday. Have a good weekend. 👍

You too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. It's 5 and 6 the panel wired For hw and heating

Hi , is there a wiring box that the motorised valves go to ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The motorised valves when they motor over make a switch and liven up the orange on Honeywell valves. This goes back to the T2 at the boiler .
Are your valves Honeywell ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. Danfoss

OK , that's OK , it is still an orange wire.would you be able to see if there is power there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Panel control off. Motorised valves are closed. There is live in orange wires 2 of them.

Do any of the levers on the motorised valves feel loose or or over to one side? . double check the cloch is off for CH and hw
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. Levers are strong. I pushed them to check and they are going back in the closed position.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the panel control it is 3 and 4 for hw and heat. Not 5 and 6. Sorry

OK , would you mind turning the power off , take the two orange wires out of the connectors ( remember or write down where the are from) . then turn the power back on and see if you still have power on T2 at the boiler, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No power on t2 after I took orange wires off.

OK , I think the fault must bevon one of the motorised valves. Most lime the heating one. But to confirm , put the orange wires back one at a time checking for power at T2 till power back there. Hopefully we will finally have the answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hot water was live. 🎉

Thank you God .
You can probably change just the head instead of the whole valve . that would save draining down
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes just the head. Just the motor will be ok ?

Well , if you really want to make certain change the whole valve just in case the valve itself it stuck . but once you take the head off you could turn the valve by hand ( might need a spanner ) to see if it does turn easily .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the valve it is working ok. I turn with my hand.

OK ,just thge head should be OK then . well done , perseverance won out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I will keep watching the boiler for next days to be sure all ok. If I have any problems can I contact you?

Yes sure. Just continue with the conversation if needed, but will time out after 2 days
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. I have now live in both orange wires from valves. Boiler it s still running.

Hi , can you take the programmer face plate off again and see if it stops, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took off the face and still live in wires.

Has anything been changed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What you mean?

Do you think anything might have been wired up wrong, because with the programmer off there should be no live ending up at the orange wires
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took of just the orange wires. All else stay the same

Hi , this is so strange . the orange wires only become live when the motorised valves motor over and operate a microswitch . and the motorised valves only motor over when they recieve a live from the prog , unless the pump overun is live . it's got to be the pump overun . back to square one .. Can you disconnect the pump overun stat and see if it stops , thanks