How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

Again. Could you please tell me where I can find the

This answer was rated:

Hello again. Could you please tell me where I can find the building regs requirements for building a stud wall in England. Thank you.

Hi .it depends on the purpose and placement of your stud wall. Stud walls lack the soundproofing qualities of a solid wall. Building Regulations insist on an element of sound resistance of a minimum 40 decibels between walls, so you will need to add acoustic insulation to the walls during the construction. Using a mineral wool or acoustic foam inside the studwork should do the job. Alternatively, you could fix two layers of plasterboard to each side of the studwork, but this will take longer. Another option is to buy an acoustically engineered board, such as British Gypsum’s SoundBloc or Knauf’s Silentboard. I suggest reading here first to see if any of these apply to you .

To be honest as long as it is of a strong construction , with the above soundproofing there isn't that much to worry about with stud walls

Plumberpro and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you