How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jerry Your Own Question
Jerry, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 760
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Jerry is online now

I urgently need to try to find a replacement part shower

Customer Question

I urgently need to try to find a replacement part for my shower which I just managed to shatter by dropping on the floor.
It is one of the ceramic discs which sits inside the tap valve. I had just dismantled the valve to try to work out why it had started dripping. A rubber seal also looks like it needs repairing.
I cannot turn my water back on until it is fixed so this is super urgent!
I would like to upload some photos of the broken unit and valve unit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Does it not say on the cover plate or handle? Is there a model number on the cartridge? Surely post a picture or two and we will sort it out.