How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Plumberpro Your Own Question
Plumberpro, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 634
Experience:  Heating and plumbing answers. 20 years experience
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Plumberpro is online now

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up

This answer was rated:

My bathroom sink plughole is operated by a push-down-pull-up fitting on top of sink which is just a thin, fairly sharp piece of metal. (Sorry if I am not very clear) I am finding it increasingly more difficult to push this down because it hurts my hand. Is there something that could be fitted on to sharp end?

Hi, the cross attach by screws. Sometimes these become loose and the mechanism doesn't do the job properly. The screws can be readjusted u derneath which is quite girly, or you can take out the plug and buy a simple plug that can be placed in the hole

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this does not help. The steel rod goes down a hole at back of sink. To access any screws, the sink would have to be removed from the wall. SUPPOSED to be a Philippe Starck fitting. What I want is something to fit on top of the metal rod.

Ok, does the metal rod have a thread?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and it hurts my hand trying to push it down

Hi, I think you are going to have to get some help. Do you have a neighbour that could help, if not I think you may need to call a plumber

Plumberpro and 2 other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem now fixed

That's great.All the bezt