James I
James I,
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer

My shower (Galaxy 3500m 10.5kw) starts and stops very

My shower (Galaxy 3500m 10.5kw) starts and stops very quickly on a high setting and make a thumping sound. This stops if I put it on the Eco setting. Can you please tell me what the problem is.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as above my shower has just started to play up for no apparent reason.

How old is the shower, and have you had it serviced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the shower is 15 months old and it has been serviced
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there James?

Sorry for the delay John, the fault is normally caused by a stuck flow control valve.

When you change the temperature you put more water through the element which increases pressure on that part of the circuit.

The flow regulator can sometimes get stuck causing a shuddering, and typically starts and clears it self just as quickly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to do nothing and it will clear itself

I meant the fault occurs when using the shower and then often while using the shower (without turning down the temp or putting it on eco) the fault \ noise clears.

With regard to fixing the issue I would look to get a plumber out to inspect and potentially replace the flow control valve, and also clean up the pressure switch (as the diaphragm in the switch may also be responsible - though unlikely)

If you provide me with your postcode I can recommend an plumber in your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. I'll sort out my own plumber. Cheers

No problem, appreciate if you rate the service received today.