How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jerry Your Own Question
Jerry, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 760
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Jerry is online now

I have moved into a house that has a cistern in the eaves: I

Customer Question

I have moved into a house that has a cistern in the eaves: I need to adjust the water level or fit a new washer as it's overfilling and the noise of dripping is like water torture, but the cistern is unlike any I've seen. It's white opaque plastic (polypropylene?) and the middle half of the top is all that opens. It may be the top opening can be changed to top front opening. No name on it but some wording which I think has Italian first of four languages, English second. I have a photo but am not sure how to post that. If you have ideas for makes and models I could google them and look for a fit. Many thanks for any help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  James I replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nigel,

Without seeing the picture I am not to sure, you should be able to upload the images via a paperclip icon where you can type in your responses, failing that you can upload the image here, and post the link it gives you back in this forum.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps.
Expert:  James I replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Nigel can you send me a couple more of different angles (including top down) and also of the writing you could see?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer just to have the cistern identified so I can get the manual. I may need further help but let's see.
Expert:  James I replied 1 year ago.

In that case Nigel, if your unable to provide the input I require I will opt out, in favour of another expert assisting you.

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

This cistern is a built in type.

Usually used when hiding behind boxings or IPS.

The usual makes are Dudley, Geberit and Armitage Shanks

If you can take a photo into the access hatch on the top I can identify the ball tap

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Andrew - not easy to get that photo but I'll try when I get back in a hour or so. Did you see this image attached? Another to follow on return. Nigel
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I saw this.

The balltap will be on the end of the flexible hose, but i don't know what type until i get a shot from the top.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have changed cameras so hope this helps. I've also added a pic of the top of a box that's actually lying on the floor, but looks like it should go on top of the cistern. Grateful for any thoughts. Nigel
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.

It looks foreign?

The balltap is connected to the other end of the flexible silver pipe.

I am wondering if it can lift out?