How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brian Your Own Question
Brian, Plumber
Category: Plumbing
Satisfied Customers: 864
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
Type Your Plumbing Question Here...
Brian is online now

I live in a maisonette and my upstairs neighbour has

This answer was rated:

I live in a maisonette and my upstairs neighbour has installed a new boiler and kitchen. The new pipes run along the top of my front door and round the side of my maisonette causing the noise of running water every time a tap is opened to permeate my flat. Is this allowed in the home plumbing regulations?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I find it very stressful and have to turn up the volume on my tv as the noise from the running water in the pipes drowns out my tv and radio.

I don't know of any regulations to say it can't be done. it shouldn't be making that much noise so I would talk to your neighbour about this. Or call environmental health to see if they can advise

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My neighbour and I are not on good terms. There is no soundproofing between the two flats but would this affect the noise from the pipes running round the house?

Water noise has got to be pretty bad if you have to turn volume up.

I don't understand why it's so noisy.

Call your local council and ask them to come out and have a listen with the machine they use for noise pollution

Brian and other Plumbing Specialists are ready to help you