Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Plumber
Experience:  City and Guilds qualified plumber
46681511

I have a baxi solo 3 which stopped working recently, I

Hi, I have a baxi solo 3 which stopped working recently, I assumed, for the same reason it did a few years back when changing the printed circuit board solved the matter. Not to be this time. I had to call someone in who was very efficient and helpful leaving me with a diagnosis of a defunct fan. Well it's been an education getting one ending with me getting what I thought to be a correct second hand one,( they retail around £300 brand new). It turns out I need a 246052 but received a 246051, Long story and my fault but managed to swap the motor over onto the original casing and eventually after much grunting, it works but now that elusive red light won't come on and the boiler will not fire up. I can see the igniter working through the small window. I have not touched the gas settings and have tried the circuit board I took out for a brand new one last week and the results are the same, so close yet so far. Any suggestions where I might have gone wrong?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I failed to mention that I called the Heating Engineer who came , around 9 this morning, I didn't get an answer and couldn't leave a voicemail, I have texted him but have yet to receive a response.
Are you getting gas?
It could be a blocked pilot injector...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi, As it turns out, the gas was isolated by the engineer who looked at it and the boiler is now working properly, thanks for your response Andrew.
No problem, I hope you had him back - even if just to humiliate him ūüėČ
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** he seemed a nice enough bloke and did apologise, guess he owes me a bit so if it goes again and bemuses me, I might call it in. Thanks again for responding.