James I
James I,
Experience:  Expert at Just Answer
75967336

Does using a setting between numbers on a typical

Does using a setting between numbers on a typical thermostatic radiator valve make any difference, or do the valves only respond differently when you specifically "select" a number?

Hi Stephanie, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The settings between the numbers are valid, and will cut of the heat when the temp reaches half way between the two thresholds, so you can set the radiator to any position and it will work as you would expect. The one thing to note, is that they are not the most accurate or sensitive devices but they should give you an approximate temp control (give or take a degree or two).

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** was perfectly clear and told me everything I wanted to know.