Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

The care home i work in as a excelsior unvernted water tank

Customer Question

hi the care home i work in as a excelsior unvernted water tank but getting no hot water to the rooms the tank is heating water to the kitchen but not the room
also as its a excelsior water tank am i by law to touch it ?
thanks david
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  James I replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

It sounds like you may have a isolator valve which has been turned disabling water to part of the building, unless the kitchen is being fed from a different hot water supply. Is the hot water in the kitchen under normal pressure or reduced pressure?

Building Control requires all works performed to a unvented system to be performed by a qualified plumber, since there is a risk for serious injury in the event the hot water system over pressurises.