Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I have been renting ahouse since dec 17 but had to put off

Customer Question

I have been renting ahouse since dec 17 but had to put off moving in due to illness.In dec i was shown by the land lords plumber how to use the bioler.He told me i disnt need to check the pressure on that boiler as a valve in the wall behind it stops the pressure from falling.As i wasnt living there i left the heating on to protect against frozen pipes and every time i wrnt to the house the heating and hot water was fine.I didnt check the boiler pressure as i was told i didnt need to but i also thought boiler pressure drops the more it is used and we wernt living there.Last thursday i went to the house and the hot water was running fine and not going cold.When i went back on saturday a main pipe had burst in the ceiling causing lots of damage.I called a plumber who said it had burst that morning .On Monday the landlords builders went and said the pipe had burst due to a manufactures fault.On tuesday they told me the pipe had burst due to the boiler pressure dropping.They said the valve behind the boiler had broken due to low pressure and that had caused the pipe had burst.Does that sound possible ?I thought it was a leaking pipe that caused boiler pressure to drop not the other way round.As the builders work for the landlord they could be trying to blame me .
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 5 months ago.
What valve did he say you had damaged?
Let him tell you first before we have the argument...