Jerry
Jerry, Plumber
Experience:  Residential journeyman plumber, over 20 years experience.
34748161

I ve had a new shower fitted 20 weeks ago (but had to sack

Customer Question

i ve had a new shower fitted 20 weeks ago (but had to sack the plumber for other reasons ) . its a gravity fed shower with thermostat fed from a loft tank with inbuilt thermostat. (no pump)its now struggling to come on - if i turn the temp to just cold them cold comes on and I gradually turn it up so it takes the hot Also sometimes its on but the flow seem to "pulse" as though one pf the flows is being varied. or sometimes if we leave it on for a while (minutes it will gradually come on)Any idea what the fault is . is it the thermostat ? if so can this be changed (ive no idea what the make is)
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 19 days ago.

if it worked in the beginning then yes it sounds like the thermostat ,it should still be under manufactures warranty (no help if you don't know the make unfortunately) that will also create a problem trying to get the parts. Send in a picture I may be able to id it.