canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

My neighbour above me let out her bath water this morning

Customer Question

My neighbour above me let out her bath water this morning and it came flooding up through my shower base plug hole. Later, I had a bath and when I let out the water, the same thing happened, the shower base is only a few inches deep and it overflowed quickly. I have poured heavy duty drain opener down the shower but it hasn’t solved problem. I left it several hours as instructed. There are some tiny leaves and tiny pieces of polythene coming up with the water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks Mike.

There is a blockage beyond where most of the piping connects together. It could even be a broken pipe in the main sewer pipe. If you are quite handy I could tell you how to fix it but it will be a very large amount of labor. Is this something you would like to handle on your own? I would recommend professional help in this case but I want to help any way I can.

Is there any chance you have a sewer ejector pump?

It would look like the first picture on the right on this page click here

Or something outside with one of these things on it click here