Brian
Brian, Plumber
Experience:  16 yrs. experience as plumber, including full bathroom and kitchen installations.
63187465

I have a Salamander ESP80CVP shower pump which feeds two

Customer Question

I have a Salamander ESP80CVP shower pump which feeds two showers. The pump is situated just below the feeder tank and the showers are literally about 10 feet away. It is supposed to kick in when the shower is turned to supply cold water however if I turn the shower on and then turn the pump off and on it stays on and works. Salamander told my plumber to disconnect everything and reconnect, now the red light is on at No 2 which Salamander say is an air lock. I am fed up ringing them and getting nowhere can you help I am desperate as I have a B&B and people are coming to stay on Friday and Salamander helpline is useless. The pump was bought in 2017
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  Brian replied 6 months ago.

Is the header tank filling fast enough, it sounds like the ball valve could be sticking and you are in fact running out of water.