canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

I have shower with a fixed overhead spray and a smaller hand

Customer Question

I have shower with a fixed overhead spray and a smaller hand spray attached as part of the shower fitting. It is not electric. The shower is about 1-2 years old.
For the last few weeks there has been a constant regular drip from the small portable shower head which goes on all the time.
Can you possibly tell me which part of the shower fitting is responsible for this? I would really like to do the job myself (in spite of being 93 years old)!!
Thanks in hope,
Pamela Mann (Mrs)
PS I always get ny spares from e-spares.
Category: Plumbing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and plumbing repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today.

The issue is either the gaskets in the mixing cartridge or the mixing cartridge itself. It depends on who makes the shower. You will have to get parts for the specific manufacturer. It may say on the face plate and may hardware stores should supply parts for it. Hopefully it has isolation valves on it too. Often the valves will be behind the face plate. They will be two little flat head screws that turn counter clockwise all the way until off then the cartridge can be removed.